Bleh.
I'm not particularly healthy right now. Sinus pressure, congestion, sore throat, cough... I don't really have enough of a fever to count, although I bet I did last night. I'm generally less fuzzy when properly medicated.
None of which really does justice to how miserable I felt this morning when I stumbled out in search of coffee, but one can't have everything.
In the shower I started thinking about the history of Valus, and then I got on the computer and actually wrote the thing. I may share later, if anyone cares to read it, but I'm sure I should proof the thing when my ability to locate typos and judge grammar isn't hindered by allergies or medication.
Pretty illustration provided because the content of this post is dubious at best. It's Merliss, second daughter of the Sky King, Guardian of the Star Paths, and possesor of a few other overblown fantasy titles. I made her for Monsum's
Goddess of Thunder contest, which is currently voting. In a perfect world I think I'd do pretty well, but doll contests are usually something of a toss up. (I'm in a
blue dress contest at the same place that is even less predictable, because it has several quality entries.)
If anyone would like to pick a favorite in my
Winter Fantasy contest, you are welcome to do so. I generally tell folks that the idea of a choice award is to pick something you like, but for qualities that you don't think will fair as well in technical judging.