Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Friday, February 10, 2006
I have a doorknob that locks and everything.
So how people keep getting in to raid my refridgerator, I don't know. I've taken to leaving hair pins all over the place.

We saw Brokeback Mountain earlier this week. To be honest, I was rather disappointed. Not that it wasn't good, because it was, but after all the hype and all the awards, I was expecting more. Another slow, sprawling picture - not as slow as The New World, but certainly in the same category - that is positively alllergic to excitement. Which is as it's supposed to be, just don't expect things to move quickly, because they won't. I think it must be the subject matter that's lifting it above other films, as it's certainly not any better than Walk the Line, which didn't even get a nomination for the Academy Awards.

The most interesting aspect for me, personally, was the parade of television actresses who I spent half the movie trying to identify.

Should you see this movie? If you're interested in the Academy Awards, you'd better, because if the pattern holds it will be big. If the premise makes you a little uneasy, go right ahead, as well... it's good, and it would probably even be educational, as sexuality issues in the sixties and seventies were very different than what my generation knows. (Also the film has a lot more to it than that.) If the idea makes you excessively uncomfortable, though, you'd probably better wait for the TV version. It definitely pushes the limits of mainstream cinema.

We're seeing the new Harrison Ford movie tonight. (All of this movie watching being spurred on by the return of Dad's friend from the UK.) It isn't supposed to be very good, but apparently we don't care.

~Erin, 5:47 PM
Comments:
Hey, are you still on Neopets at all?
 
Hey, are you going to post again?
 
Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?