Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Monday, January 23, 2006
I've been painting.
I finished the entire cabinet under the sink in the bathroom, doors and all. (The tacky gold trim required several coats.) I have not reassembled it yet, because I need to drill holes for the new hinges (they do not apparently make hinges quite like the original ones anymore). My father won't let me use the drill by myself.

I have also removed and sanded the doors for my "kitchen" cabinet, and arranged the whole thing to be painted. That project is waiting for my tester, the back of one of the doors. If there are going to be any difficulties painting over the ugly cheap wood, I want to know before I prime everything. Fortunately, the (hopefully) final coat will be done in a couple of hours, and if that works out I can move on with the project.

All of which is a prelude for something dear to my heart—painting all the truly ugly doors I have around here. Which should make the room prettier and brighter.

Wish me luck. And warmth—I have to keep the door open to alleviate the paint fumes, and it's getting cold in here!

~Erin, 11:07 AM
Comments:
Wow! Way to go extreme home make over on us. I now know who to call when I start a do-it-yourself project! :^)

Hope everything turns out well!
 
Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?