Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Thursday, December 08, 2005
I haven't talked about movies in a while.
But I've sure seen a lot lately. My family has been on a movie kick, so much so that I've even been declining trips to the theater. (Such as when they insist on seeing bad movies at 10:00 at night, and I'd rather watch what's on television.)

Most recently I saw
Pride and Prejudice. You should see this movie. I refuse to talk about it. I would probably gush, and you need to see it for yourself. And not just because Matthew MacFadyen is good looking. See it because it turns out Keira Knightley can actually act (Elizabeth Bennett is a Oscar-worthy role, and nominations could be forthcoming), and some of the cinematography is beautiful. And, though the miniseries may be good, it's also really freaking long.

Walk the Line was also good. It's not one of those unfortunate biopics that bore everyone who isn't a fan and wasn't alive when the events occurred, and the actors do their own singing and everything. (And do it well. It wouldn't be a virtue if they did it badly.)

If you get a chance to see Good Night and Good Luck, don't be put off by the black and white. It's remarkably effective, and allows them to use real footage without throwing everything off.

The Harry Potter movie was another Harry Potter. Not really much to say. They're kind of all the same after a while.

That's it for now, but the numbers are about to go up. There's the Narnia movie, and King Kong, and Syriana, and several others I have every intention of seeing.

In other movie news, I don't know whether to be pleased or scared that they're coming out with a sequel to Underworld. I'll probably see it, too, because I can never believe that the original is so boring or bad until I'm actually watching it. (The thing could probably never aspire to being good, but there's no reason why it couldn't have been enjoyably bad, or bad but kind of enjoyable, or something.)

~Erin, 5:15 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?