It's been an unexpected sort of day.But in a nice way. A really nice way. :)But first. I suppose I should talk about my trip, but I'll save that for another topic (feel free to bug me if I don't). Thursday I left Greenville at an extremely early hour of the morning, arrived in Columbus before 11:00, and had s great time talking with Robbie. Yesterday I did as little as possible. Which meant I didn't get dressed, but I ate once in a while, took a really long, hot shower, and read two and a half books by Terry Prachett and three quarters of one by Patricia Wrede.My mom and I planned to go shopping today. Then general idea was that I could use a pair of cute black heels (my short pumps are great for slacks but not for dresses), or maybe a pair of cute white heels. I generally approve of the lastest style in heels... they're thinner and better for dancing, and also many of my dress shoes don't really fit my feet. There wasn't much point in investing in new footwear at school, since the gravel and the walking kill shoes. I was due.I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised to head straight for Olive Garden. My mom goes to Olive Guarden whenever she can think of an excuse. It was nice. The waiter kept my coffee full, and everything. (I don't know of a sit down restaurant with better coffee, but they're not always great about refills and temperature.)Then we had to decide if we were going to the shoe store first, or the mall. She kind of needed jeans, and I've been looking for a nice pair of navy slacks (next to impossible to find in a size and style that works for me). It seemed sensible to start at the mall, because you never know what you'll find that needs shoes to match.At first the mall was singularly unsuccessful. I happened upon a skirt I loved, and they didn't have close to my size. I really can't find my size in department stores. People on What Not to Wear are always complaining that everything comes in little tiny sizes, but they are mistaken. I can only find my size in younger stores (where style can be questionable), or stores that are generally out of my budget (and definitely out of town).Anyway, we eventually walked into one store, and came out quite a bit later with a nice pair of navy slacks (wonder of wonders - and I think they'll match my suit jacket, too), a rather elegant spring dress with a wrap/scarf thing, and terribly cute beige sandals. The shoes should be handy for dressing up khaki, I can wear them even with the rather nasty blisters I got at the zoo on Monday, and they have a heel that is just right for dancing. The dress is floral in a way that manages to be elegant rather than excessively floral, though I wouldn't have dreamed beige and peach and green would work with my coloring. That Easter happens to be tomorrow is largely a coicidence. I'm not really into the dress up like crazy for Easter thing, to the extent that I rather wished we were wearing our typical bell choir outfits, so I wouldn't have to worry about it. But now I have an ensemble that I just love, and it should be really fun.All of which has brought on a serious pedicure effort. After a long winter, my feet are in pretty sad shape and I'm supposed to wear sandals tomorrow.Ooh, I'll have to take pictures. (Of of the outfit, that is. You don't need a close up of my feet.) ~Erin, 2:49 PM Comments: Post a Comment