Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Sunday, February 27, 2005
My church has a really sad robe collection for lay servers.
I mean, I found two for people over six feet tall, and none labeled for a person my height. I don't know what the short people wear. (Which I suppose explains why the lay servers often look so sloppy. And actually they're called albs, only the signs in the sacristy are full of acolyte robe instructions, and they're the same thing only white.)

Not that I was a lay server today. (It wasn't a communion Sunday, so it would have been difficult. ;) Pastor got the bright idea that I ought to be liturgist. It went surprisingly well - surprising because I haven't had a singing voice in weeks - though I could have done without reading the prayer of the church. All those times "Let us..." came after a pause were just asking for trouble. Between the sound system and the organ (not to mention the organist) it's kind of hard to tell if you're in tune, but liturgy isn't exactly the rocket science of music. Lutherans sing a lot, but we're used to pastors doing the liturgy, so expectations aren't particularly high.

For Lutherans out there, let me say that I like setting one much better than setting two, which is in the middle part of my range and therefore more work.

Meanwhile, I'm watching the Academy Awards. I haven't gotten too irritated yet, but the night is young. More technical categories aren't necessarily an indicator of much, but you all know how irritated I'll be if The Aviator wins. Or did I post that here? No matter, by the time you're reading this it's probably already been announced.

~Erin, 9:16 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?