It's a funny thing. What I can and cannot do on the internet from my mom's computer at school. For example, I can apparently post to my blog, but not view it. I can read Yahoo sports and entertainment news to my heart's content, but I cannot check my email. Presumably the only email accessible to anyone is the school's own peculiar server, which is, well, peculiar and not suitable for all uses. I don't know how you can expect your people to be tech savy when the tools you give them are third rate and confusing. Now, my blog is mostly an ecclectic personal journal, and its only conceivable educational value would be for a writing or sociology class ("and today we'll study the online habits of a college graduate with decidedly tech geek leanings"). But there are many blogs out there - plenty on blogger - which are coming to be considered an important part of political and social commentary, and my AP Government class could have had a field day with them. A creative writing or English class could post journals - if not only blogger on something that offers stricter privacy options. It could be educational and relate to the world modern teenagers spend so much of their time in. If they had access, of course. Heaven knows if this blog will post, or how it will look if it does. I won't be able to see it for myself until I get home. ~Erin, 1:26 PM Comments: Post a Comment