Here and there and everywhere.It's been one of those days.Salli's approximate schedule today:6:40 - Alarm sounds. No response.7:00 - Beeping finally registers. Eh, five minutes late never hurt anyone.7:26 - In the car, leaving the driveway. It's chilly and damp, bleh.7:42 - The actual time I signed in at school. (Only I always guess at the time.) Mom wasn't feeling well, only a person doesn't want to miss a conference day if she doesn't have to.10:40 - Class goes to art, Mom and I descend on the office to see if it's okay for her to go home and come back for conferences.10:50 - I actually have no idea what time I signed out. I'm making it up. Probably it was later. I drove mom home, and tried to wake up.12:15 (or thereabouts) - Lunch.1:15 - Naptime. Alarm set for 2:00, for return trip to school for conferences.Just before I fell asleep - Nevermind, not going back to school, going to the pharmacy.1:50 - Ah, but the pharmacy doesn't have the prescription. Really. Truly. Waiting won't help. Did the doctor call it in to the pharmacy across the street? No, of course not. Sure it's not at the place I tried in the first place? Yep. Can we reach the doctor's office. Naturally not.2:30 - Back home, entirely unsuccessful.3:30 - Doctor actually checked with the pharmacist, who doesn't check voice mail (it was there all along), and is actually filling the prescription.3:42 - Just kidding. What was that insurance information again? (And would it kill them to spell my mother's name right? Not exactly rocket science, there.)4:00 - Please no more errands.5:30 - On the telephone, and there's a knock on the door. "Time to drive us to school to pick up your mother's car." Us? Whose idea was this, anyway? And when did I sign up?5:48 - While driving, nasty rain turns into white, fluffy stuff that I refuse to dignify by calling snow. It only counts as snow if it accumulates substantially. (There is some home for tonight, hard to say how much.)It's been that kind of day, I swear. All that driving to and fro and all I really managed to do was purchase a six dollar prescription. ~Erin, 9:38 PM Comments: Post a Comment