Are Ramen noodles more complicated than I thought?Earlier this evening, my mom was giving me instructions to make soup for my brother because he was sick. Likely story. He's perfectly competent to make soup. (Cleaning up afterwards, not so much.) One of those cases where we both smile and nod and do our own thing as soon as she leaves the house. She means well.Anyway, so later (proving how not sick he is) he comes and knocks on my door. Like always, this is a production. Everyone else can hear me perfectly well when I say "Yes!" or "Come in!" but apparently that's too much for Sam. He doesn't seem to be able to hear me at all unless I yell, or he opens the door. (This being the door that's so thin I can hear whole conversations in the kitchen.) Anyway, so he says it sounds strange, but he's going to the store to get a package of ramen, my oriental flavor not being to his liking.Okay, it sort of makes sense. But when he brought home a month's supply of the stuff, why did it include six packages of oriental? He said something about mixing them, but he also claims he can't really taste a difference. So what exactly is the point?I only eat the stuff raw, sans flavor, so it's all beyond me.I suppose I could post about more "important" thing, but I'm beginning to suspect I'm the only one reading this, so I might as well entertain myself. This is just the sort of vaguely amusing anecdote that will be fun in a year. ~Erin, 8:15 PM Comments: Post a Comment