Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Friday, January 07, 2005
So, I went out to the car this morning, in the dark...
...shuffled my coffee and breakfast and keys, and discovered that the key wouldn't actually go in the driver's side lock. I eventually had to go in and open it from the other side, juggling all the things I was carrying, in the cold and damp and dark.

That's the kind of day I've been having.

My mom's moving to a different classroom. Just about a across the hall, currently divided in half by a divider that will never go away completely, with carpet (bad) and insufficient storage. A full of all sorts of furniture, textbooks, and people doing tutoring. But not the old room, which is the point. Prior to the move, her class has been meeting in the "media center."

Of course, she isn't really allowed in her old room to pack it up. And darn it, she's sticking too it - won't come any further than the door.

Which leaves me, joy of joys, so I've been stretching and lifting and packing and inhaling dust for most of the week. I am extremely allergic to dust. Also she has a truly incredible amount of stuff. I mean, I filled twelve rather large boxes and barely made a dent. Then I ran out of boxes, and ever since then I've been scrounging and digging out file crates and carrying things back and forth, in the moments when there isn't anyone teaching in the new room. This is all limited by packing capacity (which I've stretched to the limit) and storage capacity (which is extremeley limited, with all the furniture and textbooks in the way).

Meanwhile,the head custodian - who should have been supervising moving the big stuff - is out of the building. But, darn it, we're still going to get there at 6:30 in the blasted morning tomorrow. I've never had to edit my language for my blog before. This is just sad.

Did I mention that I'm extremely allergic to dust?

~Erin, 4:54 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?