Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Thursday, December 02, 2004
And then there was the episode with the coconut...
But that was yesterday, and I was behind even before I couldn't get my blog to work.

I went to the eye doctor Monday morning. The primary problem with this timing was that I didn't plan to go home afterwards, so I got to drive back to school (about as far across town as one could go) and spend the afternoon there, instead of properly in bed. I hate having my pupils dialated, and I'd just as well sleep it off.

We looked at getting astymatism correctin lenses for my left eye, but with both eyes open I couldn't tell the difference, so there didn't seem to be much of a point. (There was a noticable difference with just my left eye, but I only use one eye when I'm comparing the sight between them, so why bother changing?)

They have a nice new office, but it sure is out in the boonies.

Contrary to the idiotic article in the newspaper early this week (the local paper has worse journalistic instincts than the amateur journalists at the college paper, I swear), at least some people downtown seem to have grasped that there is indeed a problem in the building making people sick. The gentleman responsible for such things as been in several times this week, and seems committed to finding out what is causing the problem.

We're all trying to persuade Mom to take more sick days, but of course she doesn't.

This week's reading lesson is about trees, and there's discussion of different seeds. Yesterday we brought in a coconut and an avacado. (One to share, and one to open and eat ourselves! ;) Mom was letting them hear the milk slosh around, and dropping the thing to demonstrate how hard it was, and the darn thing cracked open. Very messy.

Of course, we still spent nearly twenty minutes trying to get it propely open. It was that kind of day.

~Erin, 4:26 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?