Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Tuesday, November 02, 2004
So, I'm driving home in the rain...
...and the recycling truck is stopped right in front of my driveway, on the wrong side of the road, and it couldn't be bothered to take the hint and move.

That's the kind of day I've been having.

I left the house before 7:00 this morning to vote. It was nasty and wet, and when I stopped the car it bumped into the parking block thing, resulting in spilled coffee (Sam borrowed my good coffee cup with lid) and apparently not resulting in whatever screwed up my (no longer functioning) CD/radio, which is now excellent for high volume with no warning, but otherwise does nothing at all. (The guy at the dealers swears it couldn't have been caused by that, but he won't see it until Monday, so I don't know why he's so certain.) It ate my CD, too.

How did voting go? Well, I was number 63, which means that over sixty people voted it the first half hour the polls were open, so it was naturally a zoo. (This for the city precinct. The county poll workers were clearly bored.)

The only person I knew there was Ashley's mom, but then my crowd doesn't get up that early.

Then, of course, it's been rainy and nasty all day, and I took my umbrella out of the car last night (a rare event), and didn't want to go back for it and be even later to school. The drive home was particularly enjoyable. (Yes, that's sarcasm.)

Half the teachers (which is quite a lot of people) are either out or attending while sick, and the rest are looking about nervously, hoping they won't be next.

Does it scare anyone else that they're talking about Ohio being a potential voting problems state? I believe them - the rules change every ten minutes (exaggeration), and our state officials have never been particularly competent (entirely true).

~Erin, 5:52 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?