I've been busy. No, really, I've been busy. One of the reasons everyone has been sick at school is that they have a problem with heavy black dust. We had it tested, and it isn't black mold (which would have been worse), but it's nasty dust especially bad for children and people with pre-existing conditions. I qualify for that category, so you can imagine how bad it is for my mother, who still has to take weekly allergy shots. After I nearly called the squad Thursday night (she had trouble breathing), I persuaded her not to go to school at all this week. That only meant missing two days, and I wanted to get her out of that building as long as possible. (Did I mention that her room really does get the worst of it?) Then she went to the specialist yesterday morning (I'm sure her doctor scheduled it then to make sure she couldn't go into school that day), had some tests, and determined that she has "nodules" on her vocal cords. She is not to talk for five days, and then we'll see if more not talking or surgery is in the future. When someone is laboriously writing out notes or mouthing words to get you to do something, you pretty much have to do it so she'll stop trying so hard. And her list of things she'd like me to do is endless, and not at all influenced by my own list of things I'm supposed to do, or the laundry I have to check on, or the mess I've made cleaning off my cedar chest. Then there was the incident with the gatorade that splattered little tiny red specks everywhere. Sometime I'll do a rundown of the movies I've seen lately. The movie-watching crew re-emerged this month, with fun and interesting results. (In theaters, I've seen Shall We Dance, Ray, After the Sunset and National Treasure. List for archival purposes, because I always forget one of them.) I don't expect Alexander to be any good, but I have every intention of seeing it anyway. ~Erin, 4:19 PM Comments: Post a Comment