Today I tackled the cedar chest. It now contains a whole bunch of t-shirts, my thick sweaters, and those silly things that are supposed to go over my pillows. Which is certainly better than sitting there holding nothing, and there's plenty of space for more. It's really a nice piece of furniture - significantly older than I am, and really nice wood inside. This is part of my Comprehensive Cleaning Plan - which is really a series of random projects. Today the chest and big stack of laundry, yesterday some books, the day before that a lot of clutter removal - tomorrow, who knows. One of these days I'll have to clean under my bed. There isn't really much down there that doesn't belong down there, but it's dusty and then I'll feel oblidged to put back the support plank that's leaning against the wall (well, technically the window, but I never open the windows on that side of the room), and however many have fallen, and that's always a mess. Then, the general idea is to put enough stuff under the bed so that it will remain level if the supports go. My furniture isn't really as precarious as it sounds, but it is very old, and the strips of wood that the supports are supposed to perch on are narrow and not entirely reliable. ~Erin, 8:50 PM Comments: Post a Comment