I hardly know where to start. It's been a busy weekend. Church was an adventure this morning. We went to the early service, because we had a guest preacher. He's a member of the congregations, and a retired seminary professor, and his sermons are always long. (Also they always make me want to take notes - like a lecture you take notes in to stay awake.) He didn't quite make it to half an hour, but it was pretty close. That may not seem like much, but in a church were we really liked the interim pastor who could cover all three lessons in eight minutes (10-20 is probably more normal), it's excessive. We finally got the Renewing Worship provisional supplement thing, and I'm sure the song would have been nice at a proper tempo. ::mutters something about organists who think everything should be a dirge:: Sunday school was really easy, since none of my kids came. Meanwhile, I've been working on my room. The closet is tentatively the next project, in the hopes of having somewhere to put things. It's going to take a million years. I did, however, accomplish something useful. I put on my bed skirt, sheets, and comforter last night, and today put the new tablecloth on the bedside table, and it all looks quite nice. It will probably look even nicer when I find a matching blanket and find the right color pillowcases for everything. (Light aqua doesn't go well with medium blue and cream.) Why exactly does my mother thing anyone is going to be ready to eat at ten till five? ~Erin, 4:45 PM Comments: Post a Comment