Ooh... aah... Give me a break, I'm a little spacey. Okay, a lot spacey. Believe me, I don't enjoy it any more than you do. I'm showing you this doll (her name is Marielle, sort of) because she will forever be burned into my mind in connection with the video of The Devil's Novice. I am now going to procede to tell you about it. There won't be any spoilers, but I don't suppose you'll much care if you haven't read the book. But I'm going to tell you anyway. Overall, it's pretty good. Fairly accurate (I'm not sure why they changed the bit after the revelation, but whatever), reasonable people in the roles, inexplicable name changes, and all. The fact that they're doing them out of order and therefore have Brother Oswin as Cadfael's assistant all the time hurts this one a bit - Brother Mark is better as Meriet's mentor, and I believe this is the story of how he got the funding to become a priest. "Rosanna" is too smart, and "Isabel" should look younger, only barely adult when dressed as one, and otherwise still a girl. Why, I wonder, can they live with Meriet and Janyn, but not Roswitha and Isouda? They're perfectly pronouncable names. (I think the older brother is still Nigel, but I must admit I didn't pay much attention to him.) In other news, my allergies are acting up again and I forgot what I was going to say. Bleh. ~Erin, 6:57 PM Comments: Post a Comment