Another Sunday, another adventure
Well, it wasn't that much of an adventure, but, still.
The church hiking group this afternoon consisted of my mom, myself, and Kathy. Low turn out, but it was probably just as well. Glen Helen was on the program, and their trails are very challenging. (Much narrowness, rocky "steps," and "wait, you mean that's a trail?) I wouldn't have wanted to do some of that with the older ladies from church - it was interesting enough making sure my own mother didn't fall into the water or down a steep incline.
My mom insisted on looking for snakes the whole trip, presumably to annoy me. There weren't anyway.

It's Sam's birthday today. Very peculiar having one's little brother turn 18. I think of people that age as my peers - and he's my little brother, darn it! We went to the Texas Roadhouse (make a note of the name, Robbie, as a chain you never want to enter - they're very big on peanuts, including shells all over the floors), and waited approximately a million years between courses. That place can't handle busy nights.
For an illustration today, I give you a pretty portrait of no one in particular. Obviously I've been very productive lately.
Actually, I was on a roll cleaning yesterday, until I dug up the old answering machine under the TV (it makes sense - the TV is on a high, long table thing, and under that I have a little end table thing with three shelves, for the cable box, the VCR, and whatever else), amid much dust. The dust has made me quite ill, and I've aquired a mask for when I clean futher, and especially for when I'm brave enough to dust under there. (I'm all congested and my throat feels awful, bleh.)
I "taught" my first Sunday school this morning. Which was all very well, except the materials - which you'd think would go in my box, like everything else important - were put in my room (I didn't even know which room was mine, so how would I know to look for materials), so I didn't have them in advance. Also they are not very good - possible appropriate for third graders, but I don't have third graders (I could, but there aren't any), and the whole lesson as written was over their heads.
I brought the whole stack home, and I'll be picking and chosing bits to modify. (It doesn't help that there aren't many good stories in the lectionary for September.)
Bleh. I need something hot to drink.
Psst, Kat!