Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Tuesday, May 11, 2004
Argh, argh, argh.
Not only did I not have internet for two days, but they changed blogger while I was away. :P

Yep, that's right, the school network got hit by the latest varient of a certain annoying virus, and the next thing we knew they'd shut the whole thing down. I have no confidence whatsoever that it will remain up, but I'm trying to make the best of it.

Random Things I Learned Without the Internet:

My terrorism seminar take home final has what may be the broadest essay topic in my entire political science experience. (This in a department with a fondness for the "sure, you could write a book on this, but you only get two hours and it has to cover everything" essay final.)

The single worse thing about not having in-room internet access is trying to guess what the weather is going to be like from what you see out the window at 9:00 in the morning. (No weather channel, either.)

"Just unplug the blue cable" is a very complicated, difficult to follow instruction.

Sprite production is directly proportional with no-internet irritation.

For an exciting time, try addressing, stuffing, and mailing graduation invitations. Bonus points for making three separate trips to the post office (all the way across campus, further north than I go for any other reason) in three days.

~Erin, 2:04 PM
Comments:
This is a test. (Is blogger commenting useful or annoying? What do you think? So far, I think annoying.)
 
Annoying! :P BLAH!
 
I'm thinking I'll probably disable it and just use Haloscan. (Which you'll note I still kept.)

It's possible that it would work better if I went through the trouble of properly integrating it with my template. It's also possible that it will get better, since it's a new feature. (Of course, it's also technically possible that we won't lose power in this thunderstorm, but I'm not holding my breath.)
 
I do like the web address, though.
 
Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?