Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Sunday, April 18, 2004
Take that!
I think I'm going to imagine Ritha cutting pieces out of anything that irritates me this week.

Too bad I couldn't send Ritha after those idiots who held loud parties late into the night Friday and Saturday... Which will probably be quite a lot, but I won't go into that because I want to talk about the doll and character (yes, this is going to be one of those posts), and I intend to go to a friend's voice recital at 7:00. If I can manage to get there on time—our recital hall is nice and acoustic, and all, but the door is in the front so it's not exactly convenience to enter if you get there a few minutes late.

Anyway. Ritha. This is ceremonial sword dance attire. The skirts and loose hair add to the challenge and the show. Only the very best would attempt such a thing, since it'd be considered presumptuous. (Just plain dancers might dress like that, but they wouldn't have swords.) The colors are very significant since they indicate rank. One of the reasons Ritha gets assigned to be the imperial bodyguard is that otherwise they'd have to promote her to a position of authority. Their warrior rankings are very specific about that sort of thing.

It's not exactly that anyone would object to such a promotion, but she's rather young for it, and anyway this is a much better position for someone of her talents. Also it will put her into contact with the last imperial bodyguard, who is something of a tactical genius, and exactly the mentor she needs. (Although technically she equals him in rank.)

I really enjoyed making this doll. I got to use colors and designs that don't really come up for most of my characters, and those swords entertain me enormously. (Yes, they're supposed to look a bit exotic.) I suspect she began the performance with a different weapon altogether, which explains the single scabbard that doesn't particularly match the swords.

~Erin, 6:41 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?