Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Saturday, April 17, 2004
I was, um, busy.
Doing what, I don't know. It was that kind of week.

Contest:
Favorite Doll

I am learning the strangest assortment of things these days. Plate tectonics, natural selection (which, disturbingly enough, relates to logic class of all things), advice for using a capo, and novel approaches to counter-terrorism all came up this week in my classes. (Also a lot of pictures of volcanoes on Mars.)

I must admit I never really wanted to know about plate tectonics, but now I do and it's too late to protest.

We're doing a frighteningly saccharine cantata for Memorial Day at church, entitled "One Nation Under God." It includes—no joke—multiple versions of the national anthem, a Sunday School medley, and songs from various branches of the armed forces. Which is all very well, but they treat the thing just as seriously as the last cantata we did, which was about the Passion.

Okay, okay, I'm a cynic. What's new?

I suspected that the gospel choir concert was (a lot) sooner than I thought, but Sarah was sure it couldn't really be next Saturday. (You'd think they'd have soloists picked out and tech week planned if that were the case, after all.) Only it really is next week, so now I have tech week on top of the Major Research Paper of Doom. But. I had a nice time at rehearsal. I "tried out" for a call and response song mostly because I wanted to make the choir follow me. Heh heh heh. Wouldn't want them to think I've stopped being contrary at this late date.

Ritha isn't REALLY such a dedicated dancer, but she gets a definite kick out of scandalizing the court. I'm including Ritha as an illustration, noting that if you comment just to say "nice doll" I will be displeased. (Unless you're visiting by way of ISD, in which case, go right ahead.) Also I wanted to point out some of the detailed work that went into this doll. For example, those ribbons on her arms, and also some of the hair, go behind the transparent sleeves. And the skirt took forever... I wanted two colors without a cheerleader effect.

I felt inspired to do this second doll of Ritha almost exactly a year after her first appearance. How random is that. The funny thing (ha, ha) is that I know perfectly well that Ritha is a shortened form of something, which I just didn't write on that early doll, only I've long since forgotten once. Ah, well. I can make an educated guess, at any rate.

Last night was another Senior Dinner. It was okay, but the last one was more fun. Various people couldn't make it, which made the conversation less interesting, and they will drag those things on, and on, and on. (Why say it starts at 5:30 when you won't even start letting people get food until after 6:00?) I can't even rationalize it on free wine, since I only had one glass, and anyway their wine isn't anything to write home about.

I just finished Elizabeth Peter's latest book, Guardian of the Horizon. It was, of course, wonderful, although I can't help but wish she wouldn't insist upon doubling back in the timeline to wallow in the interminable hopeless romance stage. The cast had been getting cumbersome, though (what with cousins and grand children and long-lost relations everywhere you looked), so I guess it was inevitable.

The weather is absolutely amazing. ::sigh::

~Erin, 3:26 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?