Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Sunday, February 15, 2004
One down, an unspecified number to go.
I just emailed my discussion brief to my Terrorism seminar. (I also sent them a link to
NationStates, in the hopes of encouraging procrastination in my classmates. Heh heh heh.) I could have sent in an hour ago if I hadn't taken a break between drafting and editing. But I thought sending my paper out at 2:30 would have scared my classmates unnecessarily. (They're not due until 6:00, and even 3:40ish is pretty early for one of these things.) This week's topic is "Islam and the West," notable because the only two readings that agree on the subject are by the same person.

Not that this is a particularly note-worthy accomplishment, except that it was the first thing I had due this week. I also have an astronomy mission report (draft due to my partner tomorrow at 2:00), logic homework (we have that every week, of course), and a "critical review" for which I do still have to read two books. That one is for the Terrorism seminar, and due Friday. I've been frantically doing reading for this class since the beginning of the semester, and it definitely isn't my fault that I had to do the class reading before I could do the paper reading. (It is, however, my professors' fault that I haven't had any free time to speak of.)

Next week will be The Week Before Comps, but I'm actually sort of looking forward to it. At least my priorities won't be split in so many directions—comps comes before everything else when one doesn't have two major projects due.

Yesterday, my mom drove up and took Sarah, myself, and our roommates to lunch and shopping. (Shopping being grocery shopping. There aren't exactly shopping malls around here.) Net result: an entirely full fridge (what with leftovers and all), and a nice afternoon. Then, I spent most of yesterday doing my terrorism reading so I could write my discussion brief. What a fun way to spend a Saturday.

Working backwards, Friday was an event called "Fandango," (don't know why), but that we've taken to calling "coffee hour." It was a lot like a church coffee hour, except with alchoholic beverages and formal attire. Seniors and the occassional professor mingle and pretend they came for more than the booze. It was entertaining for maybe an hour (during which I had one glass of champagne and a lot of artichoke dip), then we left and rented a DVD. So my weekend was eventful, if you go back far enough.

My roommate is making her first doll, and it's just not far. It took me months to get that good! (Of course, she's working from excellent tutorials written by Sarah and myself, which surely explains it. Yeah, that's it. Really.)

My base, of course. And now, a sprite of Morwen, from Patricia Wrede's Enchanted Forest Chronciles. I also have one with a broom and gold paint, but you'll have to wait until I update my site. The only real difference is the prop. Does anyone know which scene this is from?

~Erin, 4:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?