Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Thursday, February 26, 2004
Aaaaah!
Meet my Saturday schedule (it's name is Fred):
8:30 a.m. - Meet at department house (our humanities departments really do have offices in houses) for organization and location assignment.
9:00-11:30 - Half an hour for preparation, two hours for writing of First Essay of Doom. (Otherwise known as the more practice than theory portion of comps.)
1:00-3:30 - Preparation and writing of Second Essay of Doom. (The very evil, more theory than practice portion of comps.)
3:35 - Take a nap? Stare into space? I'll be done, but my brain will be thoroughly scrambled, I'm sure.

Then, the department thoughtfully grades them on Sunday and gives results by 10:00 a.m. Monday. What a relief. Instead of putting it behind me for a few days or weeks, I get to worry about it until then. Joy.

I'll concede that everyone else has comps, and many other departments have difficult comps, but the political science department thinks that comps is the be all and end all of existence, which doesn't exactly help us majors relax about it. Also, if they're going to eat our Saturdays, couldn't it start a little later?

("Comps" is slang for "senior exercise," presumably because it might be (and is, in political science) a comprehensive exam. Not all deparments believe in comprehensive exams... bt mine positively relishes the idea.)

Oh, look at the time... I should surely be studying.

~Erin, 4:15 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?