Wow. Spend a week off the internet, and things happen. (One wants to say "where was I?" but I actually know where I was...) My industrious plans to, well, be industrious this week fell apart fairly quickly yesterday. I had an appointment to get my eyes checked at 1:00, and after that the afternoon was a complete loss. It wasn't laziness or lack of will power, it was that irritating stuff they use to dilate one's pupils. I can handle the light sensitivity (it was a cloudy day), but it screws up my ability to focus. It's very peculiar not being able to see things close up, while things far away are reasonably clear. It's an effect of trying to focus through glasses or contacts (contacts are worse, apparently), so I could take off my contacts and read and such... once I made it home to my contact case. (Thankfully our doctor is all of two minutes from our house.) I'm quite near-sighted, but I have nearly perfect vision in the close range, and it throws me very much out of whack to have that reversed. The only things I'm any good for after having my pupils dilated is reading in bed or sleeping. Anything that requires seeing more than two feet in front of my face (and thus putting my glasses back on) makes me feel slightly sick and gives me a headache. Thus, there went any actually accomplishments until evening. I've been reading David Eddings, Elizabeth Peters, Tamora Pierce (thanks, Kat!), Anne McCaffrey, Patricia Wrede, and Ellis Peters, which is rather an odd mix that surely says something about my literary tastes. (Probably not anything conclusive, as it's hardly a comprehensive list of my favorites.) In attempting to retrieve this post, I accidentally republished my entire blog. Haloscan ate all my old comments, which was rather unfornate if not precisely the end of the world. Expect more serious blogging... sometime. I have laundry to check, places to go, and a bed to make. ~Erin, 2:32 PM Comments: Post a Comment