Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Friday, January 23, 2004
Oh, yeah.
I'm pretty sure she's a Wood Elf. Well, okay, it isn't really that exciting.

I spent an inordinate amount of time this evening making this sprite base from scratch, without a single reference. (Didn't want to copy Mir's.) I tweaked and fiddled and worked on it pixel by pixel. It's exclusively my own work, and the product of a lot of effort.

It isn't really all that different from your average sprite base, however.

I have concluded that the trouble is probably that there are only so many things a person can do with a sprite base, at least within the realm of things I actually like. There are countless possible combinations of even so few pixels, but a large percentage of them just look silly. Speaking of possibilities... before you yell at me because she's so skinny, follow the link and check out the other version of the base. Each version has advantages (this one is so cute!) and disadvantages, so I figured I'd best make both available, so folks can pick whichever suits their purpose, as I plan to do.

My roommate has comps tomorrow—it just wouldn't have been right to go out this evening, and anyway the weather is nasty.

~Erin, 11:24 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?