|
Virtual Dust
Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)
|
|
Saturday, January 17, 2004
Learn something new every day.
For example, the heater in my room is on it's own circuit. (The heater in the bathroom is either on the bathroom circuit or one of it's own.) Which explains why my heat wouldn't work last night. It was 57 degrees when I woke up this morning, but I wasn't really cold because it was 60 degrees when I went to bed and I was prepared for morning chill. While I had examined the flipped circuit option, it didn't occur to me that there might be a circuit in my room I didn't know about. Everything else worked fine.
These dolls don't actually represent as much time as you might think... they're on the small side, and therefore fairly quick. Ever since I saw Xandorra's new pregnant Mina base, I knew I had to do Saralyn. Once I started doing Saralyn, I just couldn't stop! These dolls aren't in story order, they're in the order I did them. The first is, well, Saralyn while pregnant with her first child, at a time when she and Kalen are lying low in a remote village. Green hair doesn't help one lie low, so she's using her brown hair illusion. It's an illusion she's been working for so long that it's practically undetectable.
I'd have liked to make the doll barefoot (more carefree that way), but then she'd be barefoot and pregnant and I'd hate for anyone to get the wrong idea. ;)
The middle doll is Saralyn working magic while still at her mother's court, where looking bright and friendly would cause all sorts of problems. Her skirt very nearly didn't have a back to it... good think Sarah caught it before it was too that. (Too bad one of us didn't notice something before I'd finished the animation, which I had to do over.) The last doll is a style I like to call "Magician Casual." Here, Saralyn is visiting the magicians of Karthos. They know who she is, so the hair is okay, and she wants to look non-threatening (and get out of the stuff she has to wear at court!), but she also needs to dress well enough to be taken seriously. Magicians are very conscious of attire.
My before & after contest started voting all of fifteen minutes ago, and I'm already getting votes from Dollie Judging.
Speaking of contests, I'm either going to enter my Saralyn set or my Salli set (recently finished and all on my site) in a character contest. Which set do you think would do better? (I could enter both, but I'd be competing with myself, which would hurt my chances.)
|
|
|
|