Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Wednesday, January 21, 2004
I missed the State of the Union.
But it was sort of intentional. Whatever I think of Bush as a president, I just don't like watching the man talk. It makes me nervous.

So, I have two new classes, which may or may not sound more daunting than they actually are.

International Terrorism. Incredible amounts of work, and a thoroughly disturbing topic. What more could a person want in an upper level political science seminar? I could want a slightly better ratio of women to men (It's about 1 to 4.) But at least I'm finally having class in one of the impressive, formal classrooms in Ascension. (The oldest non-remodeled dorm on campus, conveniently fifty yards from my dorm.) It has paneled walls all the way around, fancy drapes, chandelier-style lighting that isn't nearly bright enough, and a (no longer remotely functional) fireplace. It's also completely lacking in AV equipment, so we may have to move around occassionally.

Symbolic Logic. I think it's probably less scary than it sounds, though you wouldn't know that to hear the prof talk. It's in one of the very boring rooms in Ascension, already over enrolled at 31, and he actually let more people in. I'll have to make a point of being early if I don't want to sit on the floor. There will (supposedly) be homework and quizes and such, but it can't really be that bad because it was Heather's favorite philosophy class, and she's a major so she's taken several.

Ray is one of my favorite recent portraits.  Which explains why she's on my banner, I guess. Anyway, it sounds all impressive to say I'm taking symbolic logic.

We have choir tonight, only the scores haven't arrived at the bookstore. Who knows what we'll do if they aren't in before class. (For that matter, even if they get in at this point, it's unlikely everyone will be able to pick one up before class.) Lots of copies? More warm up exercises than anyone ever wanted to know? Stay tuned and find out!

My new
portrait contest has three entries and I haven't even advertised it, yet. I suppose I should get around to that, but I'm a bit nervous. If I got three entries in the first day, how many will I get with a broader audience? At least this time I've declared that I'm not thinking up separate awards for everyone if I get so many entries it's impractical.

~Erin, 2:06 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?