|
Virtual Dust
Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)
|
|
Monday, December 01, 2003
I suppose only Ohioans think it's interesting that Jerry Springer used to be the mayor of Cincinnati.
But he was, you know. He was a real live politician and a news anchor before he became a talk show host.
See, told you it was someone you had heard of. Now, stop groaning and pay attention.
Also, he started off by saying that his show is stupid, which won him points right off with us cynical college students.
I don't really know what I was expecting, except that it would probably be painful. But it actually wasn't. It was actually a reasonably articulate, credible political talk. I don't imagine he won over an died-in-the-wool Republicans (around here that mostly means conservative midwesterners and wealthy easterners), but I'm sure the Democrats who brought him to campus were thrilled. I even agreed with a lot of his points.
Don't be surprised when you hear that Jerry Springer is running for office sometime in the future. If he wins, it won't be entirely because Ohioans are crazy. (Practically, it would take someone with his celebrity status to challenge our firmly-entrenched incumbent senators. And if they had a real chance of losing they'd be more responsive to voters, which is good for democracy.) The talk was mostly "this is my platform," with some "you know, you guys should actually vote" thrown in for good measure. Also he does this for free, which can't be entirely altruism.
Now, drop everything and go vote in dolling in teams. I'm sure you'll agree that our group name is the best. ;) (I wonder if having only two members will hurt us? Less people to vote, and all...)
Have you seen my Doll the Sprite contest? Do you think it would be reasonable to limit the number I'll take of each sprite, or should I just suck it up and resign myself to getting six of the same thing? (I don't actually know it'll happen, but 2/3 of my current entries are from the same sprite.)
|
|
|
|