Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Tuesday, December 02, 2003
The funny thing is, I actually feel accomplished.
The only thing that DIDN'T give me fits was the hair. Of course, it only took me weeks to get to this request. (I don't feel particularly guilty, because the camoflauge was a challenge—not an effect I've done before, and there aren't any tutorials to help.) But, really, the thing was so darned difficult that I felt quite accomplished when I finished it.

More info on the site, if you care.

I was startled to learn that a ready for bed contest I entered just started voting. I sent in an old doll a while back (a long while back) because it was lying around, and the contest was in desperate need of entries. (She then left it open forever and a day, and got a bunch more entries, but it was a nice gesture at the time.) If you follow the direct link you won't be overwhelmed with popups like the rest of the site. (But expect one or two.)

Remember that birthstone contest? I have determined that I'm not entering contests at that site anymore. The results came in, and I didn't get anything. Now, that would normally be disappointing but not cause for complaint. Except the overall quality of entries was not high, and dolls placed that aren't in my league. I don't mind losing in honest competition, but this wasn't. A similar thing happened the last time I entered a contest there, but this time it's glaringly not accurate.

You can find the link yourself, if you like. I don't want to attract attention from folks who don't know me and would think I was just bitter. I'm not bitter, I'm disappointed—not that I didnt win anything, but that a site with so many contests I like has such blatantly distorted judging.

But don't get the impression I'm particularly upset and need comforting. I'm not, I just needed to explain myself properly if I was going to mention the contest results, and I didn't want to leave you hanging since I'd asked you to vote.

Speaking of results, I've added to my awards page recently. That's always fun.

~Erin, 10:02 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?