Another thing about finishing finals...
...is that it gives one an energy boost, nevermind that one is planning to watch a midnight showing of a very long movie, and one is on the edge of exhaustion when one does not have said energy boost.
I'm going to take a nap after this post. For real, this time.
My Doll the Sprite contest is voting. Go pick your favorite!
This doll is Salli as Arissa Tinessi. The challenge was finding a balance between very bright, very elaborate, probably tasteless clothing that would be in character, and something I could actually stand to look at. I think I succeeded, but, really, it's fine line. ;)
Random trivia: this outfit was green, blue, orange, and white at various points in production. She once had a layered skirt, and a bodysuit instead of pants and a top (though not at the same time). I even drew underwear before I started, because I knew Thyferran clothing was transparent, and I wanted to be sure she was decent!
Note the repulsorlift drink-rest thing. (What would one call it? It's hardly an end table...) That could be a glass of some flavor of Bacta Freeze, though it probably isn't, really. (It's red, after all. Salli usually drinks the blue, or occassionally the green.)
Salli as Arissa was always hysterical to roleplay. (It usually requires being very hyper!)
Imperial officers do like Arissa—she's wealthy and attractive and connected to the people who supply a very important commodity—but she has a rather overwhelming personality. Unless you were angling for something, you'd have to be either impressed by aristocracy or incredibly boring to have a particularly high tolerance for the Tinessi, er, charm. (Of course, a sizeable percentage of the Imperial Officer Corps fits both descriptions.)