And we thought last weekend was strange...
Halloween and Family Weekend—a combination sure to give everyone headaches.
On the random news front, I've put up a few new awards, which should interest Kat if no one else.
I get the strangest entries in my
original character contest. It's exciting to have so many entries, but it just isn't what I expected. (Which, I suppose, should teach me to be careful with expectations.) Oddly enough, all of these entries are from folks I don't know (or only know from previous contests)—I'd figured that most of my entries would be from you guys.
I have this strange urge to type all about my family in South Carolina. But, really, some of that would be getting a little too specific to display on the internet. (Some of it would be
really too much, not just a little.) I was down there the summer after Mir and Rayne joined the Forest—we were just getting comfortable enough to admit where we were from, and I don't think I knew they were from Greenville until I'd already
been to Greenville. (And, anyway, it would be kind of hard to interupt a family trip to meet someone I "just" knew from the internet—it's different now, as we've known each other as long as I've known many of my college friends, and I can legitimately refer to you guys as "my friends from South Carolina." Also, now that you're college sophomores it'd make parental types less nervous than when you were just out of high school.)
Actually, both my grandmother
and my biological grandmother were from that area, though the grandmother I actually knew is buried in North Carolina.