What a lovely autumn day.
The view from my window is green, brown, orange, gold... and very, very wet. Sort of like me this morning, when the coat I had with me didn't have a hood. :P
On the contest front, please take a look at this blue contest, which is now voting. Everyone should at least go visit, and vote for whichever you like best. I'd like the voting to go well for Jac's contest, because she made me a really nifty doll when I was the 1000th visitor to her site. (I get all excited when someone else does one of my characters...) If Kat doesn't vote for me I'll be severely displeased, but the rest of you may vote for whomever you like. ;)
Kat can, too, she just shouldn't admit to it.
In Modern Democracies, we've finally finished with the foundational half of the course, and we're moving into things I didn't already know, which is a relief. (Not that it wasn't my favorite class, mind you.) Tip:
The Nazi Seizure of Power, by William Sheridan Allen, though very interesting, is one of the slowest-reading books I've ever come across in the English language. If you ever come across this book in one of your classes, plan
lots of reading time.
I did good work yesterday, which was encouraging. I'm not going to visit my carrel today—it's not worth getting soaked, and the only book I might need is still in my bag.
We're brainstorming our next Senior Bible Study series. (Something from the last series being out—it was thoroughly unhelpful, and always asking self-evident questions.) Any ideas for
short books of the New Testament? (James is out, we did that last semester.)