I've been busy this afternoon.
After class, I decided to take a "break," and do some much needed site maintenance.
But first, go vote in the color green contest I entered. I entered my Lizeyl doll, which I love dearly, and it'd be so cool if she actually placed. (Lately I've been losing to obviously inferior dolls, and it's getting frustrating. I don't
really mind placing beneath
good entries, but when the entries I thought would be the competition don't do well, either, you know something's up...)
While you're voting, go vote in my very own
Ice Shadow contest. More votes make for fairer results!
Also on the Ice Shadow Dolls site, new dolls (sort of), new awards, and random other updates.
The doll is my latest version of
Verynn Tyrell, the lady magician who shows up every so often. She doesn't spend
all her time in the tower, or the city. While her father is still alive, the only contact Verynn has with other magic-users is outside of established circles, so she knows all kinds of interesting people. (Distance is not really an object when you're working with the level of power these folks have.)
So, we're inaugurating a new college president this weekend, and you wouldn't believe the hoopla this event entails. Shortened classes tomorrow (designed to confuse the entire student body and ensure that nobody gets any work done, while at the same time forcing us to go to class) give way to events all afternoon, then events starting at 9-something Saturday and culminating in an Inaugural Ball that ends at midnight. There are interesting side effects. For example, my guitar lesson has been cancelled for the second week in row (and you'll recall that I'm
already down three lessons from the mix up in the beginning of the semester). The newspaper this week has a pull out section on the events this weekend, and there is just
not and "inauguration" section of the website, so getting the whole thing to make any sense at all online will be much (time consuming) work.
In other news, it's my mother's birthday, which I really, honestly thought was in a few days. I'll call, of course, but I'll also need to think of something clever to make up for not doing anything
but calling.
I just remembered that I was supposed to tell Mir what a truth commission is. Oops... I'll get around to it eventually, okay?