Wednesday, October 01, 2003
I'm declaring this a "Week of Much Coffee."
Which essentially means I can head straight to the coffee every time I enter the dining hall will a clean conscience. Usually I try to limit myself to once or twice a day, but... sometimes one just needs coffee.
All that work Tuesday has put me in a all out blow off mode. It's a wonder I've gotten anything done. (But I have, don't get me wrong.) The presentation went well, but I was there from 11:00 until quarter to 1:00, which barely left time for lunch before my 1:10 class. (Yet I still managed to eat and go back to my room to take my contacts out. Ha!) Also, I discovered while talking to my fellow honors students that I needed copies of my prospectus, which no one ever told me before. What followed would have been funny if I wasn't nervous—a string of political science professors trying to figure out how to unjam the copier.
Anyway. Enough of that. On to more interesting topics!
I don't remember if I mentioned that Princess Clariella required companion doll—Zandra Ravenhair. The contrast is particularly evident when they're right next to each other. (On my desktop, for example.) I don't know that I intended for Zandra to be so pitch black dark, but it's quite effective, don't you think? If you look very closely, you'll notice that the pattern in black on the blue train (I swear it looked purple when I did it) is in very dark blue on the black body of the dress.
Zandra and Clari went to school together, which explains how they know each other. The princess is a very minor magician in her own right... mostly enough to power the communication spells that fascilitate their plotting.
I am, however, swearing off such large quantities of hair. It took absolutely forever, and it didn't quite come out as well as Clari's did.
In other news, another contest I entered has begun voting. I always thought that version of Gina looked particularly autumny, so the theme seemed appropriate. (Could someone tell me what Jack Sparrow has to do with autumn? Maybe one of you Pirates buffs has an idea?) I am, however, disconcerted that the quality of my entry seems to have decreased. You remember the original doll, right? It looked so much better! (And it's one of my favorites. ::sniff:: )
The contests I showed you earlier are still voting, which means all the lazy people out there who didn't check the first time have a second chance. ;)
|
|
|