I shouldn't be nervous. I'm a senior, taking a measly little midterm in Modern Democracies, the intro comparative politics class. I've taken both of my American politics classes, which were specifically about how democracy works the US, plus an advanced-level comparative class on how European democracies work. I've studied democratization as relates to conflict resolution and rebuilding the states of the former Yugoslavia. I worked for a DC interest group, and I know all about building civil society from folks who're doing it in the Balkans. I had the same prof for IR, and I also had two classes with his wife, which I aced. (It's relavent because their test styles are similiar, and also she's the one who taught this class before.) I've even done a lot of studying, and not just last night. So why am I nervous? Possibly it could have something to do with the fact that this prof is also one of my honors advisors, and IR is the only politcal science class in which I didn't get a solid A. Which I blame on the screwy essay and the fact that taking IR in fall 2001 was certainly connected to real life, but possibly a little too much. ~Erin, 12:39 PM Comments: Post a Comment