Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Wednesday, October 15, 2003
For lack of anything better to post.
I suspect her outfit would be more interesting if it was big enough to see the detail. Really, it's not supposed to be all that interesting... a representative to an interplanetary council needs to be elegant and dignified, not flashy.

So, she's Drienne Balor, and I'm suspicious that I haven't posted about her before. (I really thought I had, but I can't find it, so I'm thinking not. Do you remember anything?) She's from a world and story for which I cannot find my notes, and I'm very fuzzy on names and titles. It's science fiction—Dri is her planet's representative on the Council that rules whatever galatic alliance they are part of. (It has a name, I swear. So did the planet, once.) She's young for the job, but she came by it honestly, if from an unorthodox angle.

Do let me know if you'd like to hear more. Dri has a very elaborate history. (It would probably do me good to flesh that out and not worry about what I think is "current"—which has no definate plot—but I'm just contrary, I guess.)

As for the doll, I'd like to point out her nifty badge-thingie, and also the device on her wrist. It's made to look like fashionable jewelry, but it's also everything from a com device to a force field projector and a place to stash a very sharp knife. (Not to mention the fact that she's electronically tagged—the security forces take a very dim view of people trying to kidnap or injure important politicians.) Also her hair. I really like her hair. I'm sure it would look incredibly cool if it was big enough to see without squinting.

In other news: I got suckered into hosting a prospective tomorrow, and she supposedly has an 8:10 class. (Do you think she'll actually go?) I'm working on honors, and trying to stay afloat in my other classes. (In another twenty pages I'll be on schedule for this week on that book I mentioned last time.) My first doll contest doesn't even stop taking entries until next week, and I have ideas for three more that I really want to do. (And one or two that I'd just plain like to do.) It's suddenly Thursday tomorrow, and I don't know where the week went!

~Erin, 11:52 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?