Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Monday, September 22, 2003
Well, we nearly made it a month...
...without losing power. I'm sure there was a time hear at school when we didn't have this recurring problem. (Attributable to Weather in Ohio and Living in the Middle of Nowhere.)

It has been raining pretty much all day. (Actually, I'm not sure it's raining at the moment, but it's certainly very wet outside, and I'd just as well not stick my head out of the window to find out.) A few minutes before the end of Classical Quest, the power went out in that building. Class continued, and then I went out into the rain to determine if the dining hall had power. I did, and I ate. As I was walking up the stairs to my room after lunch, the lights dimmed. Then they flickered. By the time I made it to the third floor landing, the power was off altogether, and it stayed of for nearly three hours.

For a while, a power outage can be nice. The silence was restful, and plenty of light comes in through my nice, big windows. The trees haven't really started to change yet, so it's a lovely view, even in the rain. Serene, sort of. I used up the remaining power in my PDA, most of the juice in my laptop, and was attempting to do class reading (all about different political party systems, most of which I can still recite from the last time I learned this stuff) when the power came back. Which was ultimately a good thing, because I needed to check my email, and it's hard to print the latest draft of one's outline when the printer won't function. (I spent most of my laptop juice on the outline, but laptop batteries don't do anything for printers, so I had turn it off so as to save power in case the electricity didn't come back on.)

Which explains what I've been up to all day, anyway. Eventually I will have to leave my little sanctuary, but I think my jeans are still wet from the last time I ventured out. If there's anything I can't stand, it's wearing damp jeans...

~Erin, 4:12 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?