Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Monday, September 29, 2003
I'm guessing you don't need a link to figure out which base I used. That's it, no more dolls in white dresses.
But isn't she lovely? (Okay, so I'm a bit biased.)

Meet the sweet, charming, and entirely-too-calculating Princess Clariella. She's specially dressed to be abducted by an evil sorceress. It's part of the plan!

Clari is one of the protagonists of a story I wrote in high school titled "The Princess and the Sorceress." (It wasn't supposed to be a particularly creative title... that was the point.) It also became a one act play, oddly enough. The general idea is that Princess Clariella, rather than requiring rescue in the classical tradition, actually arranged the whole thing with her good friend Zandra Ravenhair so that she could marry the knight of her choice. (She's supposed to marry a prince, because she's her father's only child and heir, but a dramatic rescue changes the rules.) Zandra is certainly a sorceress, but she isn't at all evil, and she'll become Court Sorceress when Clari is queen.

I shall probably add some twists and turns to this story, as I am no longer restricted by actually needing to finish it. Heh heh heh.

As for the doll, it was an adventure. I desperately wanted to make that an elaborate dress with much more green, but she's supposed to be dressing for later effect, when Sir Daniel comes to "rescue" her.

The whole thing calls up warm fuzzy memories for me... two of my favorite English classes (well, okay, one of them was creative writing), and the cool picture Kat drew to go with it.

~Erin, 7:47 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?