Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Friday, September 12, 2003
I picked the doll that requires the least explanation.
The doll itself didn't take particularly long. I'd intended to do a more complex dress design, but these things tend to take on lives of their own. The real point, however, was to see if I could manage "silver-blonde hair." (I thought she had silver eyes, but it has suddenly occured to me that they might actually be blue. I'll have to look into it.) So the dress and the cloak are just backdrop for a hair experiment!

Lindriel the Fair—silver-tongued Lindriel, known for diplomacy and the arts—is the youngest daught of the Sky King in my Second Epic Story, the beginning background of which I already explained once. (I don't seem to have said anything useful in the post about Dreyva.) She's called Lindriel the Fair because, before the Severing, she mostly didn't do anything except be beautiful and charming. (Some of that charming involved mediating disputes between various waring groups, but Lindriel wasn't an obviously significant figure.)

In "current" times, the main characters meet an intinerant storyteller with silver-blonde hair who seems to know a lot about the strangest things. Ancient legends. Centuries-old prophecies. Family histories of insignificant kings. Sixteen words for "fire" in the language of obscure tribesmen no one has ever heard of.

Lindriel is so much older than all the dolls I've made recently that an age comparison would be meaningless. However, this doll looks younger than the others. (Clearly it must be Lindriel before the Severing, when she was going around being charming and fair.)

Darn it, I thought this was going to be a short explanation.

~Erin, 11:59 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?