Sunday, August 31, 2003
Well, then.
I haven't really done much that is that interesting this weekend. But, hey. I'm here, so I might as well post something, right?
Rumor has it that they might start letting us online individually, instead of waiting for the entire dorm (there have been so many problems...). Of course, even if this is true, it will still take forever and a day. (But possibly not weeks, plural, which is definately an improved estimate.)
Saturday my mom and brother came up, and brought me some of the stuff I left at home and really needed. (A Nalgene bottle is highly useful when the high is in the eighties.) We went to breakfast/brunch, then returned in time to head off to the Activities Fair/Mart/Whatever-They're-Calling-It-This-Year. It's basically an event in which representatives from every single organization on campus (and we probably have as many groups as students!) sit around for three hours while freshmen look around and sign up for a million dis lists. Boooooring. I like talking to freshmen, but 12:00 to 3:00 is just excessive, particularly when the threat of bad weather forces the whole thing inside.
Then I did exciting things, like shopping. (Well, okay, mostly watching other people shop. I stocked up pretty well earlier in the week.)
I suppose I should mention that I had class on Friday. Classical Quest for Justice. This class would be the one that theoretically precedes the one I was taking way back when I first started blogging. It's entirely Plato and Aristotle, and it feels a little odd, because I had this professor the first semester of my freshman year, and we studied Aristotle. (That was back in plain old "Quest for Justice.")
So, I had a shortish reading assignment for Monday, which I've already done. Go me. My Tuesday reading assignment is a little more difficult, because I can't get the darn thing to print! (Electronic books are thoroughly irritating when one doesn't have in-room internet access.)
I believe there are meetings I could be going to tonight... but I'm not all that certain that I will go.
|
|
|