Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Friday, June 06, 2003
These computers are screwy.
The other day (okay, Monday), I signed out of Yahoo Messenger, but it never quite got through to Yahoo. Sarah was still seeing me online even though I clearly wasn't. Very irritating, because I got on today to find that several people had thought I was on when I was not. The lab seems to be open to almost anyone, and the rate of screwy home pages and other results of uneducated internet users is frightening.

I've had coffee for breakfast for the past few days. This is a good thing, because otherwise I would have surely gone crazy by now. (Getting up insanely early is one thing. Getting up insanely without coffee is nearly impossible.)

The staff is mostly all here, which is a bit alarming because there should be more of us. I'm actually glad that most people are out for the weekend—all the loud people left, which has done wonders for my peace of mind. As TCs, we have to create and enforce necessary rules, which is tiring and stressful. (I mean, we're all adults, I shouldn't have to tell people some of these things...) None of the people left should require reminders. The most "stressful" thing on my agenda is the possibility is that I might have to drive home on short notice tomorrow for a doctor's appointment. I'm pretty sure I just need a prescription, but my doctor tends to like actually seeing people. (Never mind that I saw him last week.) Should this happen tomorrow, I'll just take my laundry with me (at the least, my staff shirt needs cleaning), so it wouldn't be that bad. I'd be tempted to go anyway, but if I take the car the folks remaining here won't have any transportation.

Today we modeled a camp day for the counselors. It was a valuable activity, and it was all very well for the two TCs who've done day camp in Ohio, but it was rather stressful for those of us who haven't. We haven't learned how to do this yet! One of the TCs in my group did day camps in New York, but she never jumped in to help with anything. It went well, but now I'm tired.

After the day finally ended, and the people who were leaving cleared out, the remaining staff went down the street for ice cream. I had coconut chip, and it was delicious. :)

~Erin, 11:18 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?