I suppose I should blog more often.
Among other things, I'm getting backed up on dolls to share. But I suppose it can't be helped.

Before I forget, the doll. She's sort of a priestess, and I think her name might be Zinna. She wouldn't wear that outfit outside of her temple. They live in a country with a rather tyrannical monarch, and, if that wasn't bad enough, they get invaded. (Actually, the invaders are very nearly an improvement.)
I bet you didn't think I could describe one of these things quickly. (Admittedly it's more of a premise than a story, so there's not much to describe.)
Yesterday was fun and exciting. Really. In the morning, Sarah and I got up early (horrors), and I packed up my dance stuff and we went in to my mom's school. I danced for her second graders, and it was really very fun and exciting. Really. I'm going to have to stop repeating that, or you'll think I'm being sarcastic. I'm mostly not. Anyway, the dancing part wasn't exactly difficult (although the music for the swing was screwy, and required concentration), but everyone was impressed. Which makes me wonder what they'd think of a real performance, with someone from school who knows all the technique and showy steps I do. (And, ooh, Viennese Waltz!)
Last night I put on my (purely metaphorical) babysitter hat, and watched a small boy from church. Halfway there, I discovered that they live
way out in the county. It was a good thing the parents returned before it was
completely dark. I needed the light to get back on a road that was (relatively) easy to follow. Not that I'm not used to driving at night on county roads—that's what I do at school, after all—but I'm not used to
these roads.
Then I read
Night Train to Memphis, which I bought last weekend. Clearly there is a connection with the author's
other series, if only that they use the same non-existant tombs. (Which I'll have to verify, but it seems reasonable. Why invent two cool tombs when you can use the same one twice?) Of course, I thought this the last three times I read the book, so it isn't really a new revelation.