Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Thursday, May 08, 2003
I got bit by the cleaning bug today.
I even cleaned under my desk. Scary.

I also slept late (10:00), started preparing for my exam tomorrow morning (evil, evil, evil), dropped off a stack of books at the library (just stuff from my paper, nothing fun), picked up a paper (the one I told you about yesterday), and spent a very enjoyable half hour spending money at the Bookstore. I bought cards and snack food (mostly for Sarah), and a t-shirt. Oh, and nail clippers. Mustn't forget the nail clippers. (Actually, I've been forgetting the nail clippers for a couple of weeks now, in which time I borrowed my roommate's nail clippers ten or twenty times...)

My 8:30 exam tomorrow is really evil. Liberal Democracy in America. The prof is found of complex questions that take a paragraph just to write the question, let alone answer it. The trick is always to figure out how all the subquestions fit into the big question, and which is which, and what is just another way of rewording something I would have covered anyway. (I've had exams with this professor before.) She gave of five of these questions; two will be on the exam. Naturally, one is supposed to be excessively prepared, because we got the questions in advance. There is a lot of overlap, which means not quite as much research, but the result is that large parts of the work involved feel rather redundant. And then, after going through all this trouble, only two of the things will actually be on the exam. All that work, and really nothing to show for it. Why did there have to be five? Wouldn't four, or even three, have done just as well?

Anyway. I had to get that out of my system. And now I have to get back to outlining five complicated essays, three of which I'll never have to write. (I'll also never use the outlines, because I can't bring notes.)

(Oh, and just in case you're wondering—I'm sure you find this subject fascinating—it's another two hour exam for which we get two and a half hours. I bet this time I'll need two and a half hours...)

It's joke issue week for the paper, and the issue was really hysterical. (A fake quote: "I've never known an alumnus to change Alma Maters before, especially one who has been dead for so long." Er, the quote really is in the paper, but it's a fake quote. Get it? I think I've confused myself...)

Be that as it may, I am Not Amused by my credit in the masthead. Alliteration just isn't a sufficient excuse.

~Erin, 6:45 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?