Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Tuesday, May 27, 2003
I could say something substantive.
But I'm not going to! Ha!

I'm kind of behind on doll sharing. But I'm very pleased with myself. I've completed my series from the same story. :)

Uh-oh.  Lynn's wearing a skirt—she must be up to something. (link to base) These two ladies are nearly precisely opposites. (Yet they are alike in certain alarming ways.) They complete the female cast of my First Great Epic Story, along with Rayna and Carolin. I stuck all four together and put them on my desktop. :)

Lynna is the fire person of this story. She is very, very dangerous when she's upset about something. Fortunately, due to her upbringing, she's rather hard to truly upset. Her mother was the daughter of a clan chief in one of those nomadic plains horse people tribes. (It's more complicated than that, but, well, that's the gist of it.) Her father (still living) was a swordsman from a northern people, and is now the chief of a prosperous clan, having impressed the father-in-law. (That could be a whole story by itself.) Lynn was always been tempestuous and stong-willed, and then the fire thing woke up. (Highly dramatic rescue from burning building incluced for an added punch.) She was never really suited for clan life (all that riding around is all very well, but she's not sufficiently pragmatic and she's only patient while fighting), but she's an excellent swordswoman, having learned from her father.

Eva, on the other hand, is always respectable. (link to base) Lynn is responsible for at least one major firestorm, and, of all the major characters, she's the most likely to destroy herself. Losing anyone until they've finished their work would be disastrous, so naturally folks worry. Luckily, her significant other is the earth person, so he's more or less immune. Her older brother is wind, but he's rarely a calming influence.

Which is where Evenna comes into things. Her "element" doesn't have an appropriate name in English (I'm going to have to make up a new language for this before sharing), but basically she's the calming influence among all these crazy people. I suppose she acts sort of like an empath, but it isn't empathy, it's a particular division of magic. (I'm not going to succumb to the temptation to describe the magic system, really I'm not.) Eva is necessary to keep everyone else sane. Typically, she's works subtly, and seems sweet, nice, and practical, so folks tend to forget that she is at least as powerful as everyone else. Evenna is from a small kingdom in the mountains where she has been a healer and occassional mediator.

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to do men properly. Or I could do sprites, or something.

~Erin, 8:33 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?