Yay! Some nice things have happened in the last couple of days (there's also the ubiquitous looming work and Things to Deal With, but I'm trying to think positively...). Yesterday was a lovely day with a high that probably didn't make it into the seventies, but was nice, anyway. The sky was blue, the sun shined all day, and I nearly fell asleep in two of my classes. It was a Visit Day, so the campus was awash with tour groups. My roommate and I meet for lunch on Mondays, and she goes to the post office on the way back from class... my book was in! Yay! I'll admit I didn't do much else productive after Children of the Sun was in my possession. It has a lovely blue cover and it was really lots of fun. (Coming to the series cold, it's really astonishing how many characters are part of the extended family—but this is the fifteenth book, so there's been plenty of time to gather them.) For those of you who are familiar with Elizabeth Peters, I will say two things. First, there are small grandchildren all over the place, and, of course, they're lots of fun. :) Second, I do hope the author is able to write enough books to get to the point where the nature of the connection between the Emersons and the Tregarths becomes obvious. (From Night Train to Memphis we get that there must be one, but not what it is!) Last week, my linguistics professor agreed to have our papers due Wednesday instead of Monday. Yesterday, he moved it back all the way to Friday (when we don't even have class) and said that the exercises that would have been due tomorrow were "optional," meaning, let's face it, not due at all. :) Bible study was nice, too. And I managed to finish my book shortly after midnight. Today has been one good thing after another. I made an early lunch of an avocado-tomato-cheese sandwich, which is the best sandwich in the world. (Admittedly it would have been better with munster instead of the cheese I snatched from the dinning hall, but, when one is eating an entire avocado on one sandwich, little things like cheese don't really matter.) Then, as I was starting the second half—I should note that, if an avocado sandwich is the best sandwich, it is also the messiest—I got a phone call. I figured it was my roommate's mother, because no one else calls us in the middle of the day. It was, however, Sarah's boss from camp (whom Sarah has recently mentioned). I now have an interview set up for a week from today. (Of course, I still have to get there...) She definately thought it would be a good idea for me to bring Sarah with me. "Um, Sarah is in Montreal..." ~Erin, 12:03 PM Comments: Post a Comment