Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Thursday, April 10, 2003
Wanted: One Mind
Last seen in Salli's possession, oh, about a week ago.

Continuing my series of really silly mistakes, I definately left my mug on the tray in the dinning hall. Of course, the nice dish washing staff set it aside for me, but I still had to go back and get it. (I bet they have a collection of unclaimed LBIS mugs. The entire campus has one, and I'm sure people lose them all the time.)

Then, I came back and spent so long formatting the paper that I didn't get started on my laundry until 3:00. Not good, if one really has to go to dinner at 5:15, in order to go to gospel choir and 6:00, church choir at 7:00, and dance practice (assuming anyone shows) at 9:00. (I'm trying not to think about the housing lottery. We're probably doomed, and it's not like there's anything I can do about it, anyway.)

Aaaaaah!  A snake! Meet Ray, or Rayna, or... well, she goes by several names. She's one of the eight central characters in my First Great Epic, which has no plot beyond setting up the story. Her real name is Rayelle (I think it has three syllables) O'neri, and she is the princess of a rather tiny island kingdom. Ray is nothing if not independent, so when her father arranges a marriage with the prince of another island, she runs away on the first ship she can convince to take her. The only person on the island who is at all surprised is her father. The ship just happens (well, okay, it's all part of a Great Cosmic Destiny) to be carrying some of the other protagonists.

By the time she meets her brothers (who have been sent after her), Ray has gained long-foretold magical powers and married the prince of a much larger kingdom on the mainland. She's not really broadcasting the former, but the latter is useful when one's husband happens to be a good friend of the king in who's city the encounter occurs. (Incidentally, in case your wondering, this isn't one of those stories where every third person is a royal. But the royals are mostly in one story arc.)

The snake is called Sliph (prounced "Sleef"). Sliph is very, very poisonous, but Rayna is immue due to her special above-mentioned legendary abilities. She can also counteract the poison in others, if she wants to and gets there fast enough.

I believe the outfit is a variation on a traditional knife dance costume.

~Erin, 4:51 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?