Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Thursday, April 17, 2003
This just isn't my day.
I came back from lunch, worked on the paper a bit, and washed my hair. (I have to get up too early on Thursdays for hair washing, and what is perfectly okay for class and dance practice isn't what one would prefer for a church service.) All the while, I was thinking about my potential honors project, and getting really psyched to take to my advisor.

So, I stuck my hair up while it was still wet, and walked two-thirds of the way across campus to my advisors office early enough to avoid lines during her office hours. I didn't even make it all the way inside the building, because I could see the sign on her door. "Due to a family emergency..." it began. Now, professors are certainly entitled to have family emergencies (and I hope it wasn't anything too bad), but I was a little upset. I'd planned to attend office hours on Tuesday, which were canceled. I didn't go after my last class Wednesday, because there were supposedly make-up hours today, when I would have more time. (Arriving twenty minutes before the end of office hours isn't such a good thing when one has long, complicated things to talk about.) Plus, as I mentioned previously, I was really geared up for this. Suddenly, I really want to do this honors project, and I don't want to be out of the loop because I made a mistake due to ignorance of procedure.

All together now: Argh!

Perhaps, if this isn't the sort of emergency that results in canceled class tomorrow, I'll be able to bug her then. Or, if it is, I may bug my other political science professor. If I don't go crazy first.

~Erin, 3:03 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?