Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Tuesday, April 01, 2003
No pretty picture.
I'm sure Robbie will be devastated.

Not, mind you, that I didn't make a pretty picture today. But I'm saving it. If I can restrain myself.

In other news, it is Tuesday. Tuesdays aren't generally very exciting. Today, I finally managed to scan the photos from last week's paper. I did my linguistics homework (more or less), and lots of reading. I'm going to eat dinner, and go to dance practice. Possibly I'll go to a speaker at 7:30, but it's a question of whether or not I can spend the time away from my reading assignments. (I have more to read for Wednesday than I usually do. Blah.)

Last night at gospel choir, we did soloist tryouts by what I like to call the firing squad method. The choir sings a song again, and again, and again, while various potential soloists attempt to sing their part. (Easier said than done, because they never give anyone real music. :P) Fortunately, I wasn't even tempted because the concert is in two weeks, and that just isn't enough time. (Plus, I really couldn't dance all day Saturday, do Palm Sunday stuff, then sing a solo Sunday night.) Of course, that meant that I had to sing the same song over, and over, and over. (And over, and over...) Which is no easy task when one is only barely a soprano (I prefer to sing alto) and the songs in question are near the top of one's range. And our kind, thoughtful director made us sing everything full volume. By the end, I was completely worn out. No one can say I wasn't supporting properly, because I can't sing those notes at that volume without proper breathe support!

Of course, now the stupid song is stuck in my head... but it's too high for casual singing, so I don't even get the pleasure of getting it in everyone else's head.

(Speaking of gospel choir, we're supposedly doing a song entitled "Jesus, Be a Fence." Does that sound silly to anyone else?)

~Erin, 5:15 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?