I wrote a really nice entry. And I hit "post & publish." And then the network got all screwy and couldn't load the page, and ate my really nice entry. :( It was such a nice entry that I really want to reproduce it, and I don't think I can, and I was in such a good mood! For the first time in days! Anyway. Here goes nothing. I should have blogged yesterday, but I got lost in the Void of Political Philosophy Papers. (It was a very disturbing experience.) So, the Community Choir/Symphany concert was Sunday. We did Verdi's Requiem, and it went very well. (I've already raved about it once in detail, so now you'll have to just take my word for it.) My dad came, and we had dinner (fried okra! fried okra!) and talked. Talking is nice. (See, this is the abbreviated version.) Then, I got sucked into the aforementioned Dark and Dangerous Void, on the subject of Locke and Rousseau (which I'm not done with, because they'll be on the midterm). I finished the paper this evening, but couldn't quite be rid of the feeling of impending doom. I turned in my paper, and went to gospel choir. I'm not typically a fan of superfluous gospel choir activities, but we're singing at the Holocaust memorial (I know the real name, but I can't spell it) event tomorrow, and it's a lovely piece. In Hebrew. With all of five or six members of a thirty member choir. But it should be really nice (there aren't parts, so we can do without folks who can't come), and I'm looking forward to it. Which is scary. Then, I had time to kill before Bible study so I bought a chai and started in on my new book, which just arrived today. It's Sorcery and Cecelia, by Patricia Wrede and another author. It takes the form of letters written back and forth between cousins, with each author taking a cousin. It's a very interesting format, which gives me all sorts of ideas. (There will surely be more on this later.) I'm about to page fifty, and so far I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I went to the chapel early, because 8:45 is really a bit late for reading outside. (There isn't much light. Imagine that.) I discovered two members of the group already in residence, working on something for biology, and I read my book. After a bit, I discovered something interesting. Dawn asked me what I was reading, and the following exchanged ensued: Me: Um... it's a book by an author I like, Patricia Wrede. Her: Really? What? I try to avoid the issue, as people always jump to the wrong conclusions about these things. Finally, I lift up the book so she can read the title. Her: Oh, that's a good one! Me: *goes into shock* Dawn reads fantasy books! And she loves Patricia Wrede! And she's read all the obscure books that I was the only person I knew who had read until I got Sarah to read them! We've already arranged a book exchange for next semester, if we can remember. I'm bringing Caught in Crystal, and she's bringing the collection of the first three Lyra books, which is hard to get at the library. :) Then, of course, there was Bible study. In restrospect, it should have been sad (our last junior Bible study), but somehow it wasn't. Towards the end we got to talking about community, and gearing up for next year when we'll all be seniors and lots of people will finally be back on campus. I returned to my room in a good mood. While I was talking a shower, I realized that the fog of impending doom had finally lifted. (It's not that I don't still have a million things to do, but I no longer have a million things to do and a feeling of impending doom.) ~Erin, 11:55 PM Comments: Post a Comment