I had a nice weekend. I say "had" because, let's be honest, the weekend really ended when I got back to school. But, though it's over, it was a nice weekend. This week is going to be crazy and stressful. (I have my big linguistics paper due at the end of the week, and my heart just isn't in it. And an extra choir rehearsal with the symphony because the concert is Sunday, and the concert on Sunday, and a political science paper due a week from Monday. I'll be spending at least two and a half hours in transit to an interview Tuesday, not counting the actual event. Plus, I have to start talking to people about honors...) But I'm not going to talk about being stressed... yet. I'm going to talk about my nice week. Because it was nice. And I'm darn well not going to forget that. "Arsha" developed (in a roundabout way) out of a dream I had Friday night, which provided the spark for a new story. No one knows her real name (I don't really have that many characters with name issues, I've just made dolls of all of them), because she's a very accomplished spy. She's working with her country's ambassador in, er, wherever they are. Her base persona (who is probably something rather mundane), gets circumstatially implicated in a crime, and the ambassador is her alibi. (She was making her first report... at three o'clock in the morning.) Her "Arsha" persona is a lounge singer, thus the dress, make-up, and hair. It's a very new story, so not many people have names. (There are really only three characters at this point, and two of them are men. I hate naming men. :P) I can't talk about people properly when they don't have names. Anyway, getting back to my weekend, I definately made this while watching an episode of 24. One of the first things I did when I got home was catch up on West Wing and 24, so that now I'm up-to-date and rather anxious for more. Saturday, I mostly did domestic things. I washed my clothes (always nice), stuck my dishes in the dishwasher (I hate washing dishes in the dorm), and helped my mom make deviled eggs and banana pudding. There was also a trip to church to drop of those casserole things we have at the Easter Breakfast, and to the grocery store, and to buy me a new print cartrige. (I'll buy my own, if I must, but I wasn't particular keen on the idea of buying Sarah new black ink. I just replaced the black ink on my own printer, which she is now using, and ink is expensive!) My dad and I spent an inordinate amount time in malls Saturday evening. I hadn't had any new non-dance spring clothing in ages, and I wanted something different to wear. It is really difficult to buy dresses when one is in one's early twenties and does want to look like either a teenager (the juniors department this year is all frilly and really rather silly), or one's mother (women's clothing that I like is invariably either unavailable in my size or three times more expensive than I consider reasonable). But I found a skirt that I really like. Then, I went home, and discovered that the three shirts I own that matched it were all here, at school. Ah, well. (I found something, it just wasn't what I'd had in mind.) Today, we definately didn't have Easter dinner until after 4:00, because we had guests who couldn't come any earlier. The meal was very nice, and definately worth waiting for. I really had wanted to return to school sooner, but I did lots of reading at home, and I had a nice drive back while it was still light outside. (It also turns out that I left in time to avoid driving through a really nasty storm!) ~Erin, 12:01 AM Comments: Post a Comment