Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Sunday, April 06, 2003
I actually went to the theater last night.
We saw Phone Booth. You know, that movie that was supposed to be released last fall, then wasn't because of current events? (Maybe it's a vivid memory for me because I lived in DC at the time.) If one is going to watch a guy stuck in a phone booth for an entire film, it might as well be Colin Farrell. (And 24 fans know that Kiefer Sutherland does an excellent slightly-crazy-guy-with-gun.) Oddly, one is engaged the entire time. (I saw the movie half because I like the stars, half because I've been hearing about it so long, and half because I wanted to see how on earth it could stay interesting. Oh, wait, that's three halves...)

I could comment, but I'm not going to, because all my comments have to do with plot points that I'd rather not give away. See it yourself, and then we'll talk. It was sort of weird, but that was to be expected. Joel Schumacher specializes in weird movies. (This is the man who is doing Phantom of the Opera. We should probably be nervous.)

In other fun and exciting news, I located the only shoe repair shop in town. They tell me that he does good work, but is slow (and has unreliable hours). Lovely. I'd sort of like to have my good dance shoes to compete in Saturday morning. (They are sadly heel-less right now. Meaning the rubber bottoms—no, the entire heel didn't break off.)

I'm finally going to become an "associate" member of the church I attend while here at school. It never really seemed that important (I'm already an ELCA Lutheran, so even actually transfering my membership would be easy), but I got tired of not knowing which box to check on the communion card. ;) The process is very difficult. I tell the pastor. He tells the church council, and announces it at the next service. Suddenly, I'm an associate member. (Which basically means I'm not expected to do the things a regular member does, and I'm still a full voting member at my home church. I don't know if I'll be able to vote here or not, but it doesn't really matter because I don't think I'd ever have a reason to.)

Anyone who can stand on her toes without shoes probably isn't humun. Vinché is a wind elemental, so it works out. I made something pretty yesterday. (I finished it rather late, and the time was about to change, so I went to bed before sharing.) She is an eccentric wind elemental, created soley for the purpose of using a nifty base (from
Swan Lake). Sometimes people call her Vinché or Vincheyna, although neither is her real name. I know that she is eccentric because very few of her kind would look like this. Elementals of the highest order (of Vinché is a member) typically appear as a silver dragons. This lady has a dragon form, but she enjoys taking on a human-like appearance.

Sometime I may pirate a slight more normal version of that dress. Vinché's is pretty, but rather improbable. (Clothing that isn't technically real need not concern itself with pesky things like gravity!)

Do you think she needs a background to show up here? (I rather like her on a lighter color, but I don't want her to be impossible to see.)

I am amazed how much we've been able to create for the Forest's anniversary. (And inspired! Teehee!)

~Erin, 1:35 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?